Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday, July 6

The most important economic issue facing the united states right now in my opinion would be national dept, and the school budget cuts putting education in a rough spot. As saying the Treasury Department, “National Debt has increased over $2 trillion since President Obama took office“. But is it really obamas fault? I don’t believe it is, he is facing a lot on his job with many uncovered issues. "I walked into office facing a massive deficit, most of which was the result of not paying for two wars, two tax cuts, and an expensive prescription drug program," Mr. Obama said. Today’s dept has left many unemployed, thus having difficulties in finding a job or even maintaining one. Though I personally haven’t experienced the loss of a job, iv quit searching for one since there is no chance I would be able to find a job, having to apply to more then twenty stores and not even receiving one phone call. Even having experience in the work area my cousin is also finding it difficult to hold a job. Currently for example my brother not having enough money to pay for college himself he has only been able to take few classes at a time, and not being able to take all the classes he chooses. I find this important because it interferes into peoples lives, giving them difficulties on having a job to provide for themselves, their education, and for others such as their families.
Another issue that I believe is important right now would be money, which is heading to the wrong places such as war instead of it given to schools or other needs. I personally don’t see why we are still in war. Having the money going to other issues not seeing as important, it leaves the school boards such as Oceanside to cut off following, “…temporary teachers, program specialists, a district administrator, secretaries, custodians and a security officer--in the middle of the year“. I think of how these individuals handle the cuts and if they are ok on finding another job to provide themselves with. If I was left on that spot, it would be a terrible feeling, not having that security that money would bring, or just the fact of many having trouble to find a stable job anywhere.

- andre-uh :]

Work cited:
“Budget cuts put education in crisis“. Reprinted from the Feb. 13, 2003, issue of Workers world newspaper.

Mark knoller. “National Debt Up $2 Trillion on Obama's Watch”. March 16, 2010 5:13 PM.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea – What is the national dept (department)? Organize your thoughts. You have so many good ideas and arguments, just take a moment to organize your ideas using specific details to support your arguments. Your example of the Oceanside school district is good. I think you could have related your argument concerning education on how the cuts in education are affecting your own life. What is it that you see changing within your own education? Your organization is good, and the content is good as well. Proofread your work and remember to provide specific evidence to support your arguments. Nicely done. Content 5; Organization 5; Total 30/36.

    ReplyDelete